Friday, October 15, 2010

Catching Up

Wow, I'm sorry.  I haven't written in awhile.  block is exhausting!  I have a lot of catching up to do!


We have had a lot of fun in the past couple of weeks!  On a side note, people tell me that I use too many exclamation marks!  See, I feel like if I end my sentences with periods, that I'm in a bad mood.  So, since this is supposed to be a HAPPY and EXCITING blog, I use a lot of exclamation. haha.  I'm also working on 4 hours of sleep today so this will be a fun blog to write.


Last week, we taught our guided reading lessons.  I love my group, we have a lot of fun in class.  All the lessons went really well.  We did a KWL chart in Becky's lesson, compared a book to a movie in Damians lesson, and predicted what will happen next in Jeb's lesson.  I learned a lot about the different activities I could do for a guided reading lesson.  My lesson went well.  I didn't have enough time to do the whole lesson, so I was upset about that.  20 minutes goes really fast when you are teaching.  But, it's better to plan too much than not enough!  I'm excited to teach a real guided reading lesson with students.  It's hard to tell how much time guided reading takes because we aren't that grade level.  There will probably be more instruction and more discussions.  But, as Dr. Rush would say, it's better to have too much than not enough.  Or, something like that.  I think I will also start looking at 2nd grade guided reading books since I will be student teaching in 2nd grade for my first placement.  I'm excited to finally know so I can start learning everything 2nd graders need to know :).  Barnes and Noble here I come!

I wrote my story on "Princerella"



Tuesday this week, we wrote our own story!  We wrote for 5 minutes, then passed it clockwise and that person added on to the story adding their character in it.  There were two goldilocks at my table, so it was hard adding to some stories.  My story was HILARIOUS!  I would write it in, but most people will see what our stories are like when we act them out!  My story was titled Princerella.


On Wednesday, yesterday, we played with this program called comic life.  We are supposed to put the story we wrote in Tuesday into a comic.  It was fun to play with!  I still have a lot of work to do on it because I don't like it looking stupid. haha.  It was a nice program though and I could see myself using it in a classroom!





"Teachers open the door you enter by yourself"
        
By the way, I don't like the new blog features.  It's very hard to change the pictures around just the way you like them.  For example, I can't make the comic life picture smaller because the link won't work and it's just annoying.  Maybe I'll write a letter :).  haha. Kidding. 

Project Wild was today!  I had a lot of fun actually.  I'm not a morning person but it was fun spending time with the block people and learning about different activities I can do with my students.  I also love the curriculum book we got :).  I think I'm going to use one of those for my science lesson!

No comments:

Post a Comment